Anuket Project


  1. Walter Kozlowski (Telstra)
  2. Beth Cohen (Verizon)
  3. Georg Kunz (Ericsson)
  4. guanyu zhu (Huawei)
  5. Gergely Csatari (Nokia) - co-chair
  6. Lincoln Lavoie  (UNH-IOL)
  7. Riccardo Gasparetto Stori (Vodafone)

Absent (TSC)

  1. Dan Xu (Huawei)

Other Attendees 





Notes (if you have comments prior to the meeting add them to this column with your name as the source of the comment)
5 min

Quorum has reached.

Last weeks minutes approved.

2 min


  • LFN DnTF 2023.11.13 - 2023.11.16 - Budapest
    • The plan is to do the scheduling this week
    • Remote participation is limited – Gergely Csatari will try to open a jabber session.
  • Open Infra PTG
    • The event was successful
    • ECG was reducing the scope and moving towards operations in the edge
    • StarlingX discussed 9.0 and 10.0 releases and new use cases, one of them being wildfires
  • ONE Summit Regional Day India
    • No update
  • ONE Summit - San Jose
5 min
  • Release Updates

Need to submit your plans for the Pieman release by Nov 7

Waiting for Sandra to send out the voting links.  Schedule will slide by at least a week.
10 min
Will submit even if questions are not answered by the deadline of Nov 3.  Hoping that Kenny or Sandra can answer before.
5 min
  • Merger of RC1 into RA1
    • RC1 is maintained as a subchapter of RA1 and has the same PTL
    • Vote: TSC agrees to merge the RC1 sub-project to the RA1 sub-project

Postpone until next week after discussion with Cedric Ollivier 

5 min
  • Separate repo and readthedocs or one repo and readthedocs
    • Let's split the repos. Long description here
      • Vote: TSC agrees to separate sub-projects to separate repos (rm, ra1, ra2, ri1, ri2 and rc2)
      • For the execution Cedric will need admin rights to the anuket-project GitHub org what Sandra Jackson can provide

Agreed to keep all the repos separate.  Cedric Ollivier will be happy.  Vote taken and 6 +1, 0-1, 0-0

10 min
  • Walter as the board representative
    1. My plan is to create a cross LFN wiki site to collect information, suggestions, feedback from the projects, as well as to convey the Board related and appropriate information to the project committers.
    2. My suggestion would be to have a regular (say once in a quarter or at least 6 months) an open Board meeting (like we did for AI).
    3. I think, we will need to raise a proposal for the Board to assist in seeking more resources and other (what?) support for the LFN activities.
    4. In my view, Board could influence LFN bodies to help in better marketing the projects and the committers’ efforts.  Any good ideas how?
    5. Perhaps IT support issues if we think that they should be improved.

LFN Governing Board meeting on 25th of October 2023:

  • "CNF into LFN" discussions with Anuket will go ahead
  • Announcement at Kubecon during the 1st week of November
  • Plans for operationalisation December - January 

The details of how CNF will merge into LFN is still a work in progress.  

Nephio is a project under LFN, moved from LF directly.

5 min
  • is down
    • The Orange build server is permanent and it is the build server for functest, barometer, NFV bench, vineperf opnvdocs and the anuket-specs
    • The LFN build server is still needed to provide redundancy for critical jobs
    • A: Fabio Palumbo will clarify with Cedric Ollivier the status of the temporary build server managed by Orange
    • A: Sandra Jackson to get an updated from Fabio Palumbo  about the temp server and if the JNLP port was opened

Sandra Jackson 

Server is open and available.  Cedric Ollivier wants to maintain the Orange server permanently.  

Issue is that the Jenkins Master was not running for months.

Next steps is to meet with Cedric Ollivier to review the issues and understand the responsibilities and admin rights issue.  

1 min

2 min
  • Moving LaaS repos to GitHub

5 min
    • Value of Anuket / Anuket Task force (
      • A very subjective project health assessment
        • Kubref - Ask Dan Xu about status.  Generally has not been actively been worked on for months
        • Barometer - There is no PTL
        • Vineperf - Probably there is no PTL
        • Thoth – PTL (Rohit Singh Rathaur )
          • A: Beth Cohen will work with the AI taskforce to move Thoth to the AI project.
        • RM - active, but heavily relies on Walter Kozlowski as a PTL, who is doing the work to move to GSMA docs repository and updates to add new technology
        • RA1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
        • RI1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
        • RC1 - practically merged to RA1, no changes in Orinoco
        • RA2 - Active, but limited on resources (3 active contributors)
        • RI2 - Active, but limited on resources
        • RC2 - Cedric Ollivier is now PTL and re-activated.  1 active contributor
        • Functest, functest-kubernetes - active, relies on Cedric Ollivier alone
      • Discuss in TSC
        • Should we archive the inactive projects? We need to synch with the project contributors on this.
        • Discuss Vineperf and Thoth status
        • Focus resources on RM, R*2 and functest*

1 min
  • Anuket logo in the anuket-project GitHub org
    • Let's add our logo to our GitHub org

2 min
  • SPC and TAC update
Gergely Csatari , Beth Cohen Next week update.
2 min

Sub-project Leaders

5 min

GSMA Update:

GSMA OIG (Open Infrastructure Group) and subsequently GSMA NG (Networks Group) approved the following documents on 26th of October 2023:

  1. NG.126 v4.0 based on Anuket Orinoco RM.
  2. NG.139 v1.0 based on Anuket Orinoco RA-2.
1 minAOBBeth Cohen