Anuket Project


  1. Gergely Csatari (Nokia) - co-chair
  2. Walter Kozlowski (Telstra) - proxy by Beth Cohen 
  3. Beth Cohen (Verizon)
  4. Georg Kunz (Ericsson)
  5. guanyu zhu (Huawei)
  6. Lincoln Lavoie  (UNH-IOL)

Absent (TSC)

  1. Dan Xu (Huawei)
  2. Riccardo Gasparetto Stori (Vodafone)

Other Attendees 

  • Olivier Smith (MATRIXX)





Notes (if you have comments prior to the meeting add them to this column with your name as the source of the comment)
5 min
2 min


  • Budapest DnTF 2023.11.13
    • Add your topics
    • Register
  • Open Infrastructure PTG
  • ONE Summit Regional Day: India  
    • It is a standalone event hosted by Infosys
  • ONE Summit San Jose 2024.04.29
    • CFP is open
    • CFP deadline is  December 3 at 11:59 PM PST (UTC-8)
    • We do not know how the programming committee is formed
    • A: Sandra Jackson to ask how the programming committee is formed
5 min
  • Release Updates

  • Orinoco
    • Blog is already posted
    • Vote on Orinoco M5 and Orinoco release sign off
      • TSC approves M5 of Orinoco and signs-off the Orinoco release
        • +1: 5 / 0: 0 / -1: 0
        • Orinoco is signed off
  • Pieman
    • Vote on Pieman schedule
      • TSC approves the presented release schedule for the Pieman release: Pieman Schedule
        • +1: 5 / 0: 0 / -1: 0
        • Pieman schedule is approved
  • Release names:
    • Voting is ongoing
    • Closes on  
    • Results will be posted with a slight delay
    • Queets River is shown in the vote as Queens

  • Elections
    • 4 nominees at the moment
    • Nomination is ongoing and will be closed today 12:00 pacific timezone
    • Sandra will send out a remainder after the TSC
10 min
  • We shall cc: Kenny Paul as Sandra Jackson will be OoO
  • Infrastructure requests
    • Same / less: depends on if we use a build server by LFN or not.
  • Mentorship Program
    • Same: we do not have internship with Vineperf anymore, but we could use an intern for documentation and project administration
  • LF IT support (releng, sysadmin)
    • Same / less: We did not get any releng support last year. A: Sandra Jackson to check what was the releng supprt we got in 2023.
  • Community Awards/Recognition
    • Same: 0
  • Staffing (TPM, RelMgr, etc.)
    • We did not get any RelMgr support last year.
    • Continue no support
  • A: Gergely Csatari to put this to a ppt form based on the template here and get it reviewed next week.
10 min
  • Walter as the board representative
    1. My plan is to create a cross LFN wiki site to collect information, suggestions, feedback from the projects, as well as to convey the Board related and appropriate information to the project committers.
    2. My suggestion would be to have a regular (say once in a quarter or at least 6 months) an open Board meeting (like we did for AI).
    3. I think, we will need to raise a proposal for the Board to assist in seeking more resources and other (what?) support for the LFN activities.
    4. In my view, Board could influence LFN bodies to help in better marketing the projects and the committers’ efforts.  Any good ideas how?
    5. Perhaps IT support issues if we think that they should be improved.
Not in attendance so tabling discussion.
5 min

Sandra Jackson 

  • The LFN build server (Jenkins) is up and running, but the Anuket jobs are not added
  • LFN-s assumption was that the Orange build server (Jenkins) is temporary
  • We do not know what runners are used by the LFN and by the Orange build server
  • Cedric Ollivier to explain the build server situation tomorrow in the weekly technical meeting
1 min

2 min
  • Moving LaaS repos to GitHub
  • Gergely Csatari will create the repos and push the current LaaS master from Gerrit
  • create the Laas-reflab with MIT license
  •  Laas-reflab
    • Everything in the seed code already set up with MIT license
  • Vote: TSC approves the creation of the Laas-reflab repo with an MIT license instead of Apache License 2.0 (2/3)
    • +1: 5 / 0: 0 / -1: 1
5 min
  • Separate repo and readthedocs or one repo and readthedocs
    • Separate repos – multiple readthedocs
      • Benefits
        • Possibility to have separate builds. A bit more isolation of errors (e.g: a broken link in RA2 will not break the build of RM)
        • Cedric already did the repo separation
      • Drawbacks
        • Lots of GitHub repos to manage
        • Lots of Readthedocs projects to manage
        • GitHub actions need to be rewritten and reconfigured in all the repos
        • Difficult to implement any theme changes
    • One repo – one readthedocs
      • Benefits
        • One GitHub repo and one Readthedocs to manage
        • Same look and feel of all the specs
      • Drawbacks
        • Needs a little bit of editing in the main index.rst
  • Will be discussed in the weekly technical meeting tomorrow
5 min
    • Value of Anuket / Anuket Task force (
      • A very subjective project health assessment
        • Kubref - Ask Dan Xu about status.  Generally has not been actively been worked on for months
        • Barometer - There is no PTL
        • Vineperf - Probably there is no PTL
        • Thoth – PTL (Rohit Singh Rathaur )
          • A: Beth Cohen will work with the AI taskforce to move Thoth to the AI project.
        • RM - active, but heavily relies on Walter Kozlowski as a PTL, who is doing the work to move to GSMA docs repository and updates to add new technology
        • RA1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
        • RI1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
        • RC1 - practically merged to RA1, no changes in Orinoco
        • RA2 - Active, but limited on resources (3 active contributors)
        • RI2 - Active, but limited on resources
        • RC2 - Cedric Ollivier is now PTL and re-activated.  1 active contributor
        • Functest, functest-kubernetes - active, relies on Cedric Ollivier alone
      • Discuss in TSC
        • Should we archive the inactive projects? We need to synch with the project contributors on this.
        • Discuss Vineperf and Thoth status
        • Focus resources on RM, R*2 and functest*
2 min
  • SPC and TAC update
Gergely Csatari , Beth Cohen 
  • SPC

SPC has put together a recommendation for changes to the LFN mission going forward that will be presented to the LFN board next week.  AI focus has become important.  More outreach to adjacent organizations such as GSMA, etc. 

  • TAC
2 min

Sub-project Leaders

  • None
5 min

  • Weekly Technical Meeting will discuss build servers and the doc building
1 minAOBBeth Cohen 
  • Sandra Jackson will be out next week, but will be back in the following week