Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • F2F DnTF is happening now in Budapest
    • Part of this meeting is done from a meeting room in Budapest
  • ONE Summit: India
    • No update
  • ONE Summit - San Jose
    • Programming committee composition is still not clear
    • If anyone is interested to be part of the programming committee slack Pano and Heather
  • LFN Annual Report

From Pano:  "... we’re into the annual report production cycle and we’re looking for “year-in-review” input from the projects. we’d like to hear about successes, challenges and how they forged forward toward new horizons. please ask them to aim for about 1/2 to 1 page of single spaced text (use default google docs formatting) for monday nov. 13."

Respond to Pano Xinos: pxinos@linuxfoundation.org

A: Gergely Csatari to draft a text and send it to the TSC mailing list.  Beth Cohen will do that.

Theme is "new horizons".

NoneWeekly Technical Meeting will be cancelled due to the D&TF

Time

Topic

Presenters

Notes (if you have comments prior to the meeting add them to this column with your name as the source of the comment)
5 min

2 min

Announcements

 



5 min
  •  Release Updates
  • Pieman
    • Pieman Schedule
    • M1 - Release Definition  
      • Pieman Release Progress
      • Barometer will have planning during the D&TF, therefore adding the Pieman plan will be possible only after the DnTF
  • A: Gergely Csatari to remove release string creation in GitHub for M0 from the release process template
    • Uh-oh we do not have a release process template, we always copy the last release-s page. I leave a note in the Pieman page.
  • A: Gergely Csatari to send a remainder for the non-specification project PTL-s
  • A: Gergely Csatari to send a remainder for the specification project PTL-s





  • Pieman
    • A: Sandra Jackson to create a ticket to LF IT to create the needed release strings in the Jira workspaces.
    • A: Gergely Csatari to send an update to the community and explain if a non-specification project is not in the list by the TSC considers that they are not part of the Pieman release while for specification projects the TSC expects no new content in Pieman.

Sandra Jackson 

  • No news back from LF legal
  • We need to update the charter. A: Gergely Csatari to make a proposal for the new charter.
  • Sandra will send out a mail with an updated election schedule what the TSC will vote on email.
  • The schedule proposes to have the SPC and TAC rep election. We need to get a confirmation form the current rep-s, that they are okay to do a bit over term serve (Ok for Gergely Csatari (TAC rep))  OK from SPC rep Beth Cohen

     


    5 min






    Sandra Jackson 

    Repo separation


    • Sandra can give permissions to Cedric Ollivier 
    • Fabio Palumbo will help Sandra Jackson to figure out the mechanics
    • Repo scan
      • A; Sandra Jackson to move the list to the wiki
      • We should update the list showing the actual state of the repos
      • We should see what this scan is scanning before we order
      • Security scan is part of the offered services for TAC projects
    • LF (Jeff S.) was working on the restructuring of the pricing for license scanning
    • We should indicate the number of repos we would like to scan and how often we would like to scan them
    10 min
    •  Walter as the board representative
      1. My plan is to create a cross LFN wiki site to collect information, suggestions, feedback from the projects, as well as to convey the Board related and appropriate information to the project committers.
      2. My suggestion would be to have a regular (say once in a quarter or at least 6 months) an open Board meeting (like we did for AI).
      3. I think, we will need to raise a proposal for the Board to assist in seeking more resources and other (what?) support for the LFN activities.
      4. In my view, Board could influence LFN bodies to help in better marketing the projects and the committers’ efforts.  Any good ideas how?
      5. Perhaps IT support issues if we think that they should be improved.
    Walter is not in the call


    5 min
    •  https://build.opnfv.org/ is down
      • The Orange build server is permanent and it is the build server for functest, barometer, NFV bench, vineperf opnvdocs and the anuket-specs
      • The LFN build server is still needed to provide redundancy for critical jobs
      • A: Fabio Palumbo will clarify with Cedric Ollivier the status of the temporary build server managed by Orange

    Sandra Jackson 

  • Fabio Palumbo is preparing a document about sharing of the responsibilities in the build process
  • There will be 2 Jenkins serversOrange server will build the projects

  • LF server will verify the jobs themselves

  • 1 min

    5 min
      •  Value of Anuket / Anuket Task force (https://wiki.anuket.io/x/CgBWAw)
        • A very subjective project health assessment
          • Kubref - Ask Dan Xu about status.  Generally has not been actively been worked on for months
          • Barometer - There is no PTL
          • Vineperf - Probably there is no PTL
          • Thoth – PTL (Rohit Singh Rathaur )
            • A: Beth Cohen will work with the AI taskforce to move Thoth to the AI project.
          • RM - active, but heavily relies on Walter Kozlowski as a PTL, who is doing the work to move to GSMA docs repository and updates to add new technology
          • RA1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
          • RI1 - mature, only doc theme related changed in Orinoco
          • RC1 - practically merged to RA1, no changes in Orinoco
          • RA2 - Active, but limited on resources (3 active contributors)
          • RI2 - Active, but limited on resources
          • RC2 - Cedric Ollivier is now PTL and re-activated.  1 active contributor
          • Functest, functest-kubernetes - active, relies on Cedric Ollivier alone
        • Discuss in TSC
          • Should we archive the inactive projects? We need to synch with the project contributors on this.
          • Discuss Vineperf and Thoth status
          • Focus resources on RM, R*2 and functest*

    Beth Cohen  Gergely Csatari 

    Barometer planning session will happen on thursday

  • Discuss the moving to Thoth in the AI Task Force session in the D&TF. A: Gergely Csatari to ask Rohit Singh Rathaur to join the session

  • 1 min
    •  Anuket logo in the anuket-project GitHub org
      • Let's add our logo to our GitHub org
      • A: Sandra Jackson to add the Anuket logo to the GitHub org
    • Done

    2 min
    •  SPC and TAC update
    Gergely Csatari , Beth Cohen Workshop about the CNCF CNF projects from KubeCon: https://github.com/cncf/cnf-wg/blob/main/events/LF-Cloud-Native-Networking-Program-Alignment-Workshop.md
    2 min

    Sub-project Leaders


    5 min


    1 minAOBBeth Cohen 
    • None